Anyone can make barista-style coffee with milk frothers. This appliance has changed the way people make milk beverages at home.
You don’t need to go out to drink a perfect cup of foamy coffee or milkshake. Instead, you can use a milk frother and make it yourself at home.
This appliance is very easy to use. You just need to add some milk to a cup or container and use the machine to whisk it. There is just one on/off button on the machine which you need to use.
Earlier, when there wasn’t any machine, people used to add milk in a bottle or shaker and shake it vigorously to make it foamy.
While it is an easy technique, it is not as effective as a milk frother. Nowadays, most people use a milk frother machine to turn the milk foamy.
These machines need the power to work. While some machines come with an electric cord, others work on batteries. You have to change the batteries in the machine when the power is over.
Battery Operated Milk Frother:
When it comes to milk frother machines, there are two variations available in the market. The first one comes in the form of a jug with a heating plate. You need to connect the machine to an electrical switch to froth milk. It is known as an electric milk frother.
The other type of milk frother is small and compact. It is a handheld machine and works on batteries. You need to immerse the wand of the frother in the milk jar to froth it.
Out of both these machines, the battery-operated one is more popular. It is cheap, affordable and easy to use. Most people use it as it is very easy to clean.
It is a cordless machine which works on batteries. When the battery power is over, you need to replace it. When you purchase the machine, it doesn’t come with batteries.
You need to purchase the batteries separately and install it in the machine to make it work. This factor makes this type of frother extremely portable.
When you travel to different places, you can carry this device with you. As it is small and compact, it can easily fit in your luggage bag.
Different Types of Batteries Used in Milk Frothers:
There are different shapes, sizes and power batteries available in the market. Milk frothers work on different types of batteries.
You need to check the type of battery before you purchase. The information is given on the package. Here are some common types of batteries used in milk frothers.
- AA Battery: This is the most common type of battery used by people. Most of the milk frothers need these batteries. You need to install two batteries in the machine to make it work. It is a high power battery and used in powerful milk frothers. It is bigger in size of you don’t need to replace it quite often. If your milk power has a high-speed motor and needs more power to function, it will probably need this type of battery to function. You don’t need to change the batteries frequently as it lasts for a long time.
- AAA Battery: This is another common type of battery people use. Compared to AA batteries, it is smaller and holds less power. In some milk frothers, you need to install two or three AAA batteries. It is not meant for powerful machines. If you are using any ordinary milk frother, you need to install this type of battery. The problem with this battery is that it doesn’t have a longer lifespan. You need to change the batteries again and again as it loses power very quickly.
How Long Does Milk Frother Batteries Last?
On an average, an average a milk frother battery mostly last for a month or a few weeks if you constantly use it. AA batteries last for three weeks to 1 month with maximum usage. AAA batteries last for one week to 3 weeks with maximum usage.
The lifespan of the battery depends on various factors. Here are some of the factors.
- Type of Milk Frother: The lifespan of the batteries depends on the type of milk frother. If you are using an advance milk frother, you need to change the batteries frequently as it needs high power to work.
- Motor Power: It also depends on the motor power of the frother. If the frother works on a high speed and powerful motor, it will need more battery power. So you need to replace it frequently.
- Battery Type: If the milk frother works on AA batteries, it will last for a long time as it holds more charge. But if the frother works on AAA batteries, it will not last for a long time as these batteries don’t hold much charge.
- Usage: The battery lifespan also depends on usage. If you use the machine on a daily basis to prepare multiple cups of coffee, you have to change it within weeks. If you use it occasionally, it will last for a long time.
How to Install New Batteries in a Milk Frother?
When the battery in your milk frother becomes weak or if it drains out completely, you need to change it. Follow these steps to install new batteries in the machine.
Step 1: Power Off
The first thing you need to do is power off the device. Locate the power button and turn the machine off.
Step 2: Remove Battery Cover
After that, you need to find the battery cover and remove it. Some covers are at the rear, while others are near the button. If there is a screw, you need to open it.
Step 3: Remove Old Batteries
Now, you need to remove the old batteries from the machine. Use the end of the cover to remove the batteries carefully and dispose of it off with a caution.
Step 4: Install New Batteries
You need to purchase the same type of battery from a store and install it in the machine. Check the power signs to install it in the right direction.
Step 5: Put the Cover Back
Now, you can put the cover back, tighten the screw and start using the machine again.
These are the steps you need to follow to change batteries in your milk Frother. You need to change the batteries after three weeks or 30 days if you are regularly using the machine.