- How to Clean an Oil Fryer
- How Much Oil to Use When Deep Frying a Turkey
- How Much Oil to Use in a Deep Fryer At Home
- Best Oil Fryer – Best Traditional Deep Fryers
Deep fryers are available in different sizes. The small and medium-size fryers are perfect for home use, and the large size fryers are perfect for commercial use.
Most of the fast-food chains use deep fryers to prepare fried foods. You can use this kitchen appliance to fry chicken, fish, beef, turkey, lamb as well as French fries.
If you are fond of eating fried foods, you can purchase an oil fryer for home use as well. There are small and medium sizes of fryers you can use for cooking fried items.
People use fryers for preparing festive meals as well as meals during a family gathering. You can easily fry a large amount of food in just a few minutes. Fryers help you to evenly fry food without making it too dry or undercooked.
However, you need to use it carefully. The oil in the fryer reaches a very high temperature, so you need to be careful which using it. The most common mistake people make is using too much oil.
They overfill the fryer pot because of while the hot oil spills on the counter. You need to fill the fryer as per the markings. When you immerse food into the fryer, the oil reaches up. So if you are using too much oil, it is bound to spill.
How Much Oil to Use in a Fryer at Home?
If you are using a fryer at home, you need to use the amount of oil accordingly. Most of the beginners get confused when it comes to adding oil in the fryer. So we are going to help you understand how much oil to use. The amount of oil you need to use depends on two main things, i.e. the size of the fryer and the type of food you are frying.
Size of Oil Fryer:
There are different types and sizes of oil fryers available for home use. You need to check the type of the fryer and its size to determine the amount of oil you will need. Most of people use electric fryers at home. These are small and compact fryers. So you need to check the max quantity of the fryer and put the oil accordingly.
There are other types of fryers like propane fryer and air fryer also available for home use. Propane fryers are bigger than electric fryers, so you need to add more oil in it.
When it comes to the air fryer, you don’t need much oil as it helps to fry food with a minimum amount of oil. It is a healthier option than the above two fryers.
The best way to determine the amount of oil you need to use is to check the max quantity of the fryer. Most of the fryers have marked on the inside to add oil. You can either fill a medium amount of oil or fill it up to the max level. Make sure the food can easily submerge in the oil.
However, if you want to stay safe, fill the fryer with only half amount of oil. It will help you to prevent any accidents. You can fill it up to the medium mark. This way, when you submerge the food, the oil will not spill.
Type of Food:
The amount of oil you need to use also depends on the type of food you are frying. Different food items need a different amount of oil. If it is a large size, you will need more oil. If the size is small, you will need lesser oil. So before you fill the fryer with oil, check the type and size of food.
- Steak: It is the most common food people fry in an oil fryer. However, the amount of oil you need to use for steak depends on the cut and the size of the steak. For example, if you are frying a sirloin, you will need three cups of oil. It will keep the steak tender and not too greasy.
- Chicken: You can use a fryer to fry different parts of the chicken. You can either oil fry the boneless pieces or deep fry chicken wings. Many people fry a full chicken in a fryer. So if you are deep-frying the small pieces of chicken, you need to add oil above the minimum mark and below the maximum mark. However, if you are frying a full chicken, use oil up to the max fill line.
- Fish: You can also fry a fish in an oil fryer. However, make sure you use oil which is perfect for frying fish. You need to use nearly 2/3 of the oil to the maximum fill line. It will help you to perfectly fry the fish.
- French Fries: This is another common type of food you can fry in an oil fryer. The key to perfectly crispy French fries lies in the amount of oil you use. You need to use 4 to 6 cups of oil to fry French fries.
- Meatballs: You can cook meatballs in an oil fryer. People mostly use a skillet or pan to fry it. However, you will need four cups of oil to fry meatballs in a fryer.
- Potato Chips: You will need the same amount of oil required to make French fries. However, you can use lesser oil as well because chips are thinner.
- Shrimp: In order to deep fry shrimps, you need to fill the oil just below the maximum fill line. It will help you to cook perfectly fried shrimps.
- Mushroom: You need to use three to four cups of oil to deep fry mushrooms. However, don’t overfill the frying basket with mushrooms when you fry it.
- Ribs: Use one to two cups of oil in a fryer to deep fry ribs.
- Salmon: You need to use the same amount of oil required to fry any fish. However, make sure you don’t break the pieces. Salmon is very delicate and easily break. It is not wise to deep fry it.
This is the amount of oil you need to use in a deep fryer at home for frying different types of foods. Make sure you check the size of the fryer and size of the food before using oil.