- How Do Bread Machines Work
- How Hot Do Bread Machines Get
- How Long Do Bread Machines Last
- How Much Do Bread Machines Cost
- Best Bread Machines for Pizza Dough – Best Pizza Dough Maker
How long do Bread Machines Last
People have been using bread machines for a long time now. In the beginning, the machine was huge and bulky, not really suitable for home use.
However, as the years passed, this machine became small and compact. Now, you can easily bake a single loaf of bread in this machine.
It is a perfect kitchen appliance for bread enthusiasts. If you want to bake fresh and healthy bread instead of purchasing one from the store, you can use this machine.
This machine gives you the liberty to bake different types of bread. For a healthier choice, you can use whole wheat bread or multigrain bread. It is better than consuming white bread.
Apart from baking bread, you can use it for making jams as well as cake. If you are more into baking but cannot afford an oven, this appliance will be the perfect alternative.
However, like all machines, it will leave you hanging one morning. So you need to check the warranty and the lifespan of the machine before you purchase it. It will help you to properly maintain the bread machine to make it last for a long time.
The lifespan of a Bread Machine:
The lifespan of a bread machine depends on various factors. If you buy a branded bread machine, it will last longer than the ordinary cheaper ones.
The lifespan also depends on how you use it. If you keep the machine in good condition and regularly clean and maintain it, it will last longer.
The average lifespan of a bread maker is three years to 10 years. While some machines last only for 2 to 3 years, there are some which can last for about ten years.
There are many people who have been using the same bread maker for more than ten years. In order to increase the lifespan of the machine, you need to avoid common wear and tear.
Use the machine with care and don’t drop it on the floor and damage it. This way, you will be able to use the machine for a long time. Over a period of time, you will face common problems.
However, instead of throwing away the machine, you can easily fix it with simple repairs.
Signs of a Dying Bread Machine:
When the lifespan of the bread machine is over, it will start showing signs of dying. It is a clear indication that the machine will not last any longer. In this case, it is better to invest in a new machine instead of wasting money on frequent repairs.
- Thick Crust: This is the most common problem with bread machines. When the lifespan nears, the machine will start making thick bread crust. It is a clear indication that the machine is baking the bread for a longer time. The bread will not be as soft as it used to be. You will have difficulties chewing it.
- Dense Bread: This problem occurs when the bread doesn’t rise. When the bread does not rise, the bread becomes dense instead of being fluffy. The machine is not able to use the air to raise the bread.
- Raw Bread: Another sign of a dying bread machine is raw bread. The machine will not be able to bake the bread properly. The thermostat or heating elements might be faulty.
- Dark Crust: If the bread machine is faulty, it results in burnt bread with a dark crust. You need to replace the machine and buy a new one.
- Stops Frequently: If the machine stops again and again while you are baking, it means there is something wrong with it. It also indicates that the life span of the machine is over.
- Broken Baking Tin: The baking tin deteriorates over a period of time due to frequent heating. As it is the main component of the machine, you need to replace it.
- Costly Repairs: If you have to constantly repair the bread machine, it is better to replace it. This is a major sign of a dying bread machine. As the time of the machine is up, you need to buy a new one.
How to Increase the Lifespan of Bread Machines?
If you want to increase the lifespan of the bread machine, you need to use it with care and follow all the instructions. Here are some things you can do it make it last for a long time.
- Clean the Machine: This is the best thing you can do. Most of the people don’t bother with cleaning the machine after use. You need to remove the tin from the bread maker and clean it after every use. If there is any bread particle in the machine, you need to remove it as well.
- Oil the Machine: You need to oil the machine after every six months to make it last longer. This machine works on the motor, which mixes and kneads the dough. So you need to remove the tin and apply a few drops of oil in the axle. It will keep the machine running smoothly. Make sure you use appropriate machine oil.
- Dry the Pan: The outside part of the pan is not rust-free, so you need to make sure it is not wet. When you clean the pan with water, you need to use a dry cloth to wipe it. It will prevent rusting.
- Coating Care: The inside part of the baking tin is non-stick. So you need to avoid using a metal spoon to remove the dough. Make sure you don’t scrub it or damage the coating.
- Power Cable: You also need to keep the power cable safe. Most of the people keep this machine on the counter near a stove or oven. As the cable is made of plastic, you need to keep it safe from the heat.
- Safe Handling: You need to handle the bread maker safely while using. Don’t drop it on the floor or press the buttons with force. Use it with the utmost care to make it last for a long time.
If you are planning to use a bread machine for a long time, follow these tips and maintain it regularly to avoid any damage.