- How to Air Fry Bacon
- How to Air Fry Chicken
- How Air Fryers Work
- Best Air Fryer – Affordable Air Fryer Reviews
Air fryers have become very popular these days. This simple and compact cooking appliance helps you to cook food with a minimum amount of oil.
It is a healthy alternative to deep-frying. If you are craving fried food but don’t want to consume too many calories, you can use an air fryer.
This cooking appliance is specially designed for health-conscious people. It is not really safe to eat too much fried food at it contains a high amount of fats.
However, you can eat air-fried foods because it is healthy and safe. Most of the people use air fryers instead of oil fryers to save money as well as cook healthy food.
The best thing about air fryer is that it helps you to cook food in a short span of time. If your oven or microwave takes 20 minutes to prepare chicken, the air fryer will take only 10 minutes to do the same.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a modern countertop cooking appliance like an oven, microwave and toaster oven. However, this appliance is more compact. It takes up lesser space on the counter because of horizontal height.
This cooking appliance is designed in a way which helps you to air fry the food instead of deep-frying. The basic function of an air fryer is to use the minimum amount of oil and hot air to fry the food.
Unlike an oil fryer, you don’t have to fill the entire fryer with oil. You only need to spray or sprinkle a few drops of oil on the food. It will then use hot air to air fry the food.
You will get a perfectly crisp layer of the food even though there is less oil. All these factors make air fryer a convenient and economical countertop appliance.
Air fryers are not just used for air frying foods. You can use it for cooking different types of cuisines. It can be used for baking or roasting food. This versatile cooking appliance can be used for preparing different types of foods.
Air Fryer Working Mechanism:
Air fryers work on electricity rather than any other type of fuel. It is an electronic cooking device with a power cord. You need to connect the power cord to an electrical switch to make the device work.
An air fryer works on the same heating principle like an oven, microwave or toaster oven.
- Heating Element: There is a heating element in the device which converts the electric power into heat. This element is responsible for generating heat in the fryer and increasing the temperature. As the temperature increases, the fan inside the device starts working.
- High-Speed Fan: There is a high-speed fan which circulates hot air inside the air fryer, thereby frying the food in a quick span of time. The food gets a crispy layer because of Milliard reaction. This reaction cause browning of the food surface, which gives it a crisp texture. You don’t need to submerge the food in oil to cook it.
Air Fryer Control Panel:
There are many different functions given on an air fryer. You can use the functions on the panel to adjust the time as well as the temperature.
- LCD Screen: There is an LDC screen on which you can see the temperature and the time.
- Power Button: Apart from that, there is the main power on/off button, which helps you to start the machine.
- Thermostat: You will find temperature control function, which helps you to control the temperature of the device.
- Timer: There is a timer button which helps you to set the time of air frying the food.
- Preset Programs: Apart from all these functions, you will get some preset programs in the fryer by which you can directly use the settings for certain types of food.
How do Air Fryers work?
It is clear than air fryers work on electricity and uses the heating element along with the fan to cook the food. However, you need to know how it practically works so that you can easily use it. We will show you how an air fryer works and how you can use it for cooking food.
Step 1: Insert the Power Plug
In order to use an air fryer, you need to open the device and insert the power plug into the switch. This is the most important step. The device will get electric power from the switch.
Step 2: Switch on the Device
After that, you need to switch on the air fryer. The device will not start using the electricity to heat up unless you press the power button. So make sure you do it.
Step 3: Keep the Food in Basket
Once the device is ready, you need to keep the food in the basket. The basket is removable. You can open it and place the food into air fry. If you want, you can sprinkle a bit of oil on the food. You need to close the basket after keeping the food inside it.
Step 4: Set Temperature
The next step is to set the temperature. Follow the temperature given in the recipe to cook the food. It will help you to cook the food at the right amount of heat.
Step 5: Set Timer
Once it is done, you need to set the timer. This is another important function. Set the time as per the recipe. You can increase as well as decrease the time.
Step 6: Open the Basket to Remove the Food
Once you set everything, the device will start heating up by using electricity. The heating element will set the temperature as per the thermostat. After that, the device will use the fan to circulate hot air as per the timer. Once the timer goes off, it means the food is ready. You can open the basket and carefully remove the food into a plate.
These are the steps you need to follow to make an air fryer work and cook the food. This device helps you to cook food in 50% lesser time.