The aroma of freshly baked bread is something to wake up to early in the morning. It warms the heart and fills the stomach even before we take a bite. Bread makers rose to popularity when there was a surge in health awareness. Bread is something which you and I consume almost every day. Bread makers allows us decide what goes into our loaf of bread. With this machine you can make low-sodium or gluten-free breads at home.
Normally when we think of bread machines we usually associate them with bread. But did you know that you can use the best bread machines for pizza dough? Bread makers today offer a multitude of functions than just making bread. We live in a time where versatility matters, so why shouldn’t the bread makers do more? If a bread machine can set the dough for bread it can do the same for pizza!
The most important part of the pizza making process is – kneading the dough. The quality of the pizza base entirely depends on how well the dough has been kneaded. Anybody who has made pizza at least once in their lives knows how demanding and tough the process is.
The bread maker can mix and knead even the toughest dough (whole wheat as well) effortlessly. This means you can make delicious pizzas at home with half the time and effort. In short, a bread machine is also the best pizza dough maker.
Oh and it’s not just pizzas that you can make, you can use this wonder machine to knead dough for making cookies, pretzels, hot dog buns and pasta as well.
You’ll Also Like:
- Best Home Espresso Machine – 10 Affordable Espresso Machines
- Best Electric Food Dehydrator – Food Dehydrators Reviewed 2020
How to use the best bread machines for pizza dough?
The best bread machines for pizza dough come with different settings or cycles. First you combine all the desired ingredients for the dough in the machine pan in the order directed by the particular manufacturer. Then you will have to set the bread maker to dough cycle. When the cycle is complete, take out the dough and make pizzas with your favourite toppings!
What are the features you need to look for in the bread machines for pizza dough?
Bread machines are a simple appliance. Choosing a bread machine is not rocket science. Almost all of them perform well and offer similar features. However there are a few factors that you might want to consider to help you get the best bread machine which is also the best pizza dough maker.
1. Size Does Matter
Before we discuss the size of the bread maker we need to discuss the size of your family! This is because the small bread machines are best for smaller families with a few people. Also if you have a small kitchen the compact and lightweight models will be easy to store and handle. It won’t also take up a lot of counter space. The bigger and heavier models on the other hand are intended for bigger families. These can be used to make dough for larger pizzas and bigger loaves of bread.
2. Does Shape Make Any Difference?
Well if you are making pizza dough or any other kind of dough then the shape of the bread machine has no relevance. The shape matters when you use the appliance to make bread. The bread machines have two shapes – horizontal and vertical. As the name suggests the horizontal models make breads that look like the store bought ones. The vertical models deliver vertical loaves which when cut looks more round than square.
3. Break Makers With Special Settings
These machines have functions/settings that are exclusively meant for people with allergies. The gluten-free settings are great for you if you intolerant to gluten.
4. Power Considerations
Whole grain doughs are not easy to knead like their refined counter-parts. Whole wheat dough is not only delicious but also nutritious. If you like having healthier breads and pizzas you will then have to get a bread maker which is powerful. The machines meant for kneading whole grain doughs feature whole grain cycles. These machines will also include dual paddles which is needed for working with heavy dough.
5. Warranties and Guarantees
This is an interesting part. Companies that make the best bread machines for pizza dough are not afraid to back their products. This means you will have to check their customer service and the warranty of the product. Normally bread machines come with a warranty that lasts anywhere from 3 months to one year. The best bread makers come with a one year warranty. This speaks a lot about the quality and durability of the bread maker.
To help you get to know the best pizza dough makers bread machines in the market, we have curated a list of the 10 best models based on price, performance and durability.
Elite Gourmet Maxi-Matic EBM8103B Programmable Bread Maker Machine
- You can bake up to 2 LB loaf of bread
- Includes 19 different pre-set functions
- Comes with all the basic baking accessories
- Has a Keep-warm function that keeps the bread fresh and hot
- Doesn’t always make an even crust
- Sometimes the dry ingredients seem to remain unmixed
The Elite Gourmet does the kneading and rising for you. It includes a 19 programme pre-set menu which allows you to make different kinds of dough including white bread and pizza dough. The baker machine comes with all the necessary accessories you will need for baking such as a measuring cup and a spoon, non-stick bread pan, a kneading blade and also a hook for removing the kneading blade. And an added advantage is that you don’t have to spend a fortune on this gadget because it falls in the affordable category.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 (Top Pick)
- The baking pan is removable so cleaning is very easy
- It comes with a home-made cycle. This feature allows bakers to customize the bread and dough making processes according to individual preference.
- Features dual blades which allow for thorough kneading of the dough
- Has 10 pre-set setting
- Includes a manual, DVD and a recipe booklet
- It is a big appliance so might not be suitable for small kitchens
- Compared to other models the blades are not very durable
Zojirushi is a Japanese company. It is quite popular for its range of high-quality bread makers. The BB – PAC20 stands and works horizontally. The extensive menu settings allows you to make different kinds of dough such as donut dough, pizza dough, cookie dough and even delicious jams. This bread and dough maker is suitable for seasoned bakers as well for the newbies. Although this hi-tech baker functions a multitude of function it works very quietly and also doesn’t move around.
T-fal Actibread Bread Machine
- Allows you to bake loaves in three sizes – 1lb, 1.5lbs, and 2 lbs
- Has 15 pre-set courses
- Includes a Keep-Warm feature
- The bread pan and kneading blades have non-stick coating
- Features a 15-hour delayed start function
- Includes Gluten-free settings
- Brushed stainless body
- Programs cannot be customized
- It is a little noisy
- Has Over-cooking issues with certain types of flours
The T-fal Actibread machine is exclusively designed to make salt-free and gluten-free breads. This model is a good value for money as the various settings make it versatile. For those of you who don’t require a programmable model this machine is a great option. It has settings for making pizza dough, pasta dough and jams. There are two gluten-free options both for sweet and savoury. The machine has a sleek appearance thanks to its stainless steel body.
Breadman TR875 (Budget Pick)
This budget pick is the cheapest, best pizza dough maker!
- It is easy to use
- Offers 10 baking functions
- It is durable
- The compact size ensures easy storage
- Is suitable for making other kinds of dough such as for pizza and pasta
- Has a one year limited warranty
- Washing is a little tricky. Cannot be soaked because it might damage some of the parts. Can be only hand-washed
- Is a little noisy
Breadman is known name in the kitchen appliances market. However the brand is loved for its line of durable and affordable bread makers. The TR875 is stylish thanks to its stainless steel exterior. The machine is user-friendly and has several pre-programmed settings for versatile performance. The super rapid cycle allows the machine to deeply knead tough dough such as whole wheat dough whenever you want to enjoy healthier carbs. The machine also features a gluten-free option. Since it comes with an affordable price tag it makes a perfect piece for someone who is new to bread making.
Hamilton Beach Artisan Dough & Bread Maker
This household brand name will have your neighbour asking if this is the best bread machine for pizza dough!
- It features an express setting. With this you can make bread in 58 minutes.
- The warm setting keeps the bread fresh and warm for around an hour
- It comes with an audible indicator which lets you know when it’s time to add the ingredients.
The only notable con is that it does not include a dispenser for nuts and yeast
If bread making is a hobby that you enjoy once in a while then the Hamilton Beach bread maker is a safe bet. Although it falls in the low price range category it offers all the basic features needed for baking. It includes a LCD display, multiple baking options and also a timer. All you need to do is add in the ingredients. Choose the desired cycle from a set of 14 pre-set cycles and wait for the fresh bake.
Learn why this is the best pizza dough maker for the small family.
- It is a powerful machine
- It has a collapsible kneading blade
- There are 13 different setting options
- Has a gluten-free function
- It’s a big guy so will take up a lot of counter space
- It is expensive and is good for baking enthusiasts
When you consider capacity, technology and customization Breville is the best. The BBM800XL is slightly bigger than other models but it is a very powerful bread maker machine. It comes in a sleek design made out of stainless steel. The LCD display adds to its aesthetics. If you like adding lots of fruits and nuts to your bread then you are in for luck because this machine comes with an automatic nut dispenser. For other dough kneading needs the machine offers suitable settings. The kneading paddle is collapsible which makes mixing smooth.
Cuisinart CBK 200 Bread Maker
This professional grade machine is the best bread machine for pizza dough if you have a big family
- The removable lid allows for easy cleaning
- It has a functional stainless steel design
- It is light and compact. It has side handles which makes it easy to lift and store the machine
- The stop/pause button can be used to take out the pasta/pizza dough when it’s done kneading
- Includes all features and is not very expensive
- Comes with a backup option for tackling power failures
- Can add mix-ins only at the beginning since it does not have an automated option
- It has no volume control and beeps loudly
- The LED display could have been bigger
Our list is never complete without an appliance from Cuisinart. The CBK 200 bread-maker offers 16 pre-set menu options. This is to let you do more than baking a loaf of bread. Among the several settings the most notable ones are artisan dough settings, low carb and gluten-free. The gluten-free setting on this models seems to do a better job than that on other models from other brands. Since it is light and compact you can move it around with ease.
Morphy Richards Homebake bread maker 52001
Easy to use machine and easily the best pizza dough maker for your budget!
- Very simple and easy. Anyone can use it
- You can bake loaves in two sizes – 1.5lb and 2lb
- The bread pan unlocks automatically after the baking is done
- Responsive touchscreen
- Includes crust control options
- Includes measuring cups and spoons
- It is easy to clean
- It is multi-functional. Has 14 programmes for making different items
- Blades are difficult to remove
- Display is tiny and does not light up
- There is no dispenser for adding in the ingredients
- Heavy to move
- Loaves tend to have holes at the bottom
Kenwood BM450 breadmaker
One of the best bread machines for pizza dough!
- It is versatile
- Stylish sleek design
- Non-stick kneader and bread pan
- 5 personal setting options give you a better control over the bread making process
- Includes a recipe book
- Comes with automatic dispenser
- Has a Fast bake option
- Displays a stylish finish
- The on/off switch is located at the bottom of the panel in the back. It might be uncomfortable to operate
- Expensive than most models
We reserved the best for the end! The Kenwood BM450 made it to our list due to its no nonsense ease of use. It is a bit expensive but it is also one of the best in the market. Our customer review research shows that this bread maker can consistently produce good quality loaves. You drop in all the ingredients, press the fast bake button and viola in 58 minutes your fresh loaf of bread is ready. The 15 different programs in the bread maker can be used to make other dishes including pizza, banana loaf or perhaps a fresh batch of jam.