Rice is the primary diet for billions of people across the globe, especially in Asian countries. Nowadays, you can find rice in just about every dish, such as fried rice, spicy jambalaya, mochi, crackers, cakes, and the list goes on. But at the same time, rice is also difficult to cook for a lot of people.
The last thing you would want on your platter is burnt, overcooked, or undercooked rice. So, it is important to get a rice cooker to avoid such situations. A rice cooker will always be handy regardless of the recipe you are trying. The best stovetop rice cooker can easily provide you with flavourful and fluffy rice that remains moist at all times.
You will have delicious rice to eat as the main diet or enjoy the perfect side dish with some tasty curry. Rice has been around for centuries now, so you need to cook it the right way. These stovetop rice cookers in this list will do just that for you. You can assess and study my review to better pick the ideal stovetop rice cooker for yourself.
You’ll Also Like:
- Best Tea kettle – Best electric kettle 2020
- Cheap Sous Vide Machine – Best Sous Vide Machine Reviewed
- What Is The Best Type Of Coffee Machine?
- Best Air Fryer – Affordable Air Fryer Reviews
Understanding Stove Top Rice Cookers
Stovetop rice cookers are different than electric rice cookers. With a stovetop, you have to resort to the standard use. Yes, the process seems quite simple at first, which includes putting the rice and water in a pot, allowing it to boil, turning down the heat, and covering it for a good 10-15 minutes.
There isn’t much work associated with using stovetops; however, the hard part is about monitoring them. You need to keep a strict watch over this cooker so you don’t end up burning or undercooking your rice. But just like the electric ones, stovetop rice cookers have their major benefits and certain setbacks.
The Best Stove Top Rice Cookers
Oster Sangerfield Cookware
- You can cook a variety of food in it.
- The riveted handles of this cooker offer strength and durability.
- There is even heat distribution, allowing the rice to cook properly.
- It is perfect for steaming vegetables and also re-steaming tamales.
- You can even use it as a strainer before or after cooking.
- This unit is fully dishwasher safe, offering easy cleanup after use.
- Heating may take a little more time.
- Some buyers may prefer a bigger size.
The Oster Sangerfield Cookware has a 3.0-quart size body with a stainless-steel material that can stand the test of time. It also works as a casserole and a steamer insert with lids, allowing for multipurpose usage. The encapsulated base of stainless-steel material allows you to enjoy even heating at all times. Its vented tempered type of glass lid enables you to easily monitor your rice during the cooking process.
You can use the bottom pot of this cooker for making quinoa and steam vegetables on top at the same time. In this way, you can cook a complete meal in one go.The bottom pan of this cooker is quite easy to store in refrigerator shelves without the top. You can easily store all the leftovers without wasting them. Its dimension measures up to 8.5 x 8.5 x 6.2 inches and weighs around 2.77 pounds.
With this cooker, you can also cook other food such as dumplings, eggs, pasta, etc. Plus, you can even use the insert for straining spaghetti. This compact stovetop rice cooker is perfect for small gatherings and smaller to medium-sized families.
Viking Culinary Pressure Cooker
- This unit works on any type of stove available in the market.
- It reduces the cooking time frame.
- The valve for adjusting pressure is super easy to use.
- Its red pressure indicator allows easy monitoring.
- You will have control and save space with its dual stay-cool handles.
- This unit has a spacious 8-Quart capacity that allows you to have large servings.
- Sometimes the water tends to come out of the steam release.
- Certain customers may prefer a different price point.
The Viking Culinary Pressure Cooker possesses an innovative clamp design that enables you to lock and cook in any position of your choice. It comes with an 8 quarts capacity and possesses an 18-8 stainless-steel material body construction. This unit has a very durable body that can easily achieve long-term use for multiple households. The cooker has an open and close feature with its lid by turning the knob. It makes it quite convenient for users to take out the rice and close it tightly to keep it warm. Also, the quick release valve feature of this cooker allows users to release pressure instantly.
This cooker’s dimension is 14.3 x 10.3 x 9.4 inches, and it weighs up to 7.4 pounds. You can expect this cooker to work on just about every stove type out there in the market, and that includes induction. The convenient inside markings of the cooker allow for smooth liquid measurements. It also helps in indicating the maximum filling point for the user. Its 3-Ply base feature allows heat distribution evenly throughout the cooker, allowing you to cook the best rice. Plus, this cooker is energy-saving as it decreases the cooking period by half or even more.
Beeiee 10-Quarts Stove Top Cooker
- The steam pots are top-quality assurance.
- You can cook multiple ingredients on three different levels.
- Cooking large batches of food is convenient with this unit.
- The arch lid allows for more cooking space.
- It is cost-effective, without a doubt.
- This unit bears a multifunctional use.
- The material might be thin for some buyers.
- Its knob and handles have rough edges.
The Beeiee 10-Quarts Stove Top Cooker comes with a measurement of 12.2 x 7.36 x 11.54 inches and weighs around 4.14 pounds. It features a massive 10-Quarts capacity that helps cook a large number of foods. Every steaming layer can hold over 5.5-Qt, allowing you to add various ingredients at one go. Its steam pots consist of stainless-steel material and are structured in a stacking manner. The pots are workable in three different levels, i.e., single level, 2 level, and three levels. The stainless-steel polishing offers the cooker a classy look and also guarantees durability.
Also, the cooker’s lid consists of tempered glass, which has an arch shape that enables the steaming pot to garner more space for food. It doesn’t have a flat lid that limits users from adding more ingredients. You can expect 1x large steamer, 2x septa, 1x steamer, and 1x lid in the package, which will meet all of your requirements in cooking the tastiest dishes. You have to realize that this unit can work as a steamer and a utensil for cooking stew, hot pot, soup, etc.
Korkmaz Turbo 9080803A155 Stove Top Pressure Cooker
- It is durable and versatile.
- This pressure cooker works in a ton of stovetop burners.
- The lid of this unit is sturdy and ergonomic.
- Perfect steam release mechanism.
- You can cook a multitude of meals in this cooker.
- It is affordable and portable.
- Some customers may prefer bigger sizes.
- Customer support could use some work.
The Korkmaz Turbo 9080803A155 Stove Top Pressure Cooker has a 5-Quarts capacity that helps you cook meals to perfection. You can cook chicken, fish, vegetables, beef, pork, and other ingredients with it. This cooker does an excellent job in cooking roasts and making your meat super tender at all times. It possesses a heavy-duty stainless-steel body construction that can stand the test of time. The material consists of top-quality 18/10 stainless steel with a mirror finishing.
Its heavy gauge-built nature helps in reaching the ideal interior temperature for cooking food fast and thoroughly. This cooker’s aluminum base consists of a 3-layer capsule that allows quick uniform heating for top-tier cooking results. Also, its handles will enable you to lift everything easily for cleaning reasons and easier transportation. This stovetop cooker tends to work on multiple stovetop burners such as induction, gas, halogen, and ceramic.
The cooker is fully dishwasher safe, but I advise you to avoid utilizing scrubbers and metal brushes for cleaning it. It also comes with a locking mechanism, which locks everything in place for cooking your meals evenly. There is a safety indicator feature on the lid’s lock, which prevents the lid from taking off when pressure is present inside. The item’s dimension spans up to 4.65 x 3.3 x 4.56 inches and weighs over 5.14 pounds.
Presto 01362 Pressure Cooker
- This cooker is excellent for tenderizing meat.
- It keeps the perfect pressure balance automatically.
- You can use it on different stovetops present in the market.
- The lock indicator is a useful safety feature.
- You can easily transport and store them without any problems.
- It comes with an insane 12-Year limited warranty deal.
- The steel is a little thin.
- The sealing work could use some improvement.
The Presto 01362 Pressure Cooker features a 9.12 x 17.31 x 8.75 inches of dimension and weighs over 2.92 pounds. It has a total capacity of 6-Quarts and helps cook multiple items such as chicken, vegetables, fish, and other meats with it. This cooker does a great job in tenderizing economical cuts of varying meat. The cooker has a stainless-steel body construction that can easily last for years without any breakage.
Its pressure regulator automatically maintains the right cooking pressure, making it easier and more convenient for you. Plus, you will receive a recipe and instruction book to guide you in cooking some of the tastiest dishes. This cooker is ideal for use on your standard, induction, or smooth top burners. It isn’t limited to certain burners but is quite workable on multiple stovetops. You can also wash this cooker in an automatic dishwasher.
But remember to remove the overpressure plug and the sealing ring from the cover before putting it inside the dishwasher. The cover lock indicator feature also appears during the presence of pressure in the cooker. It prevents the cooker from opening until the reduction of the pressure. Plus, its helper handle will allow you to transport this cooker from place to place without any issues.
Fissler Vitaquick Pressure Cooker
- This cooker can save both time and energy.
- There is even heat distribution, allowing for the cooking of delicious meals.
- It is user-friendly and doesn’t need that much monitoring.
- Excellent heat induction and consistent cooking.
- Sturdy and quick pressure build-up.
- It is very quiet during cooking, allowing for a peaceful atmosphere.
- The price for the size may not appease some buyers.
- The steam gets away sometimes during cooking.
The Fissler Vitaquick Pressure Cooker features a capacity of 2.7 quarts with an 18/10 stainless-steel body that can last for years to come. This cooker easily works on multiple stovetops such as electric, gas, induction, and glass-ceramic. It also features a practical positioning aid that easily allows you to position your cooker and close the lid.
You will know the cooker is ready to go on the stove once the locking indicator displays a green signal and you hear an audible clicking sound. Also, the steam release function of this cooker allows convenient regulation of the vaporizing process. This item’s dimension measures up to 12 x 14 x 14 inches and weighs around 4 lbs.
This unit also features two markings on its large indicator. Here, one is for speed settings, and the other is for gentle. Plus, this cooker comes equipped with a superthermal base that does a great job in heat absorption. It distributes heat evenly all over the frying’s surface. This unit also comes with a removable handle that makes cleaning so much easier after use.
All-Clad PC8 Precision 1500435542 Pressure Cooker
- The design of the controls and lid is up to par.
- You will enjoy various settings, and the pressure builds up fast.
- This cooker is durable and can withstand heavy-duty usage.
- It supports cooking on multiple stovetops, including induction.
- You can expect this cooker to be fully dishwasher safe.
- This unit doesn’t require babysitting like most models.
- It doesn’t come with an instruction book.
- This cooker is expensive than other cookers.
The All-Clad PC8 Precision 1500435542 Pressure Cooker possesses a spacious 8-Quart capacity and an 18-10 stainless-steel body construction. This stovetop pressure cooker has sound alerts and a removable smart timer that comes in real handy during cooking. With this cooker, you get about four optimized programs for vegetables, seafood, vegetables, meat, grains, and poultry.
The lid of this cooker allows users to easily open and securely close for cooking. Plus, the large side handles will allow you to accommodate the oven mitts and also carry them around with ease. The stainless-steel base of this cooker features a diameter of 10 inches. The base allows you to sear your meat with ease. Apart from the rest of the stovetops out there, this cooker is also compatible with electric induction.
There are about five safety features enforced in this cooker, along with 40+ recipes. It is dishwasher safe, and it also acts as a steaming basket. The dimension of this product measures over 15 x 10 x 12 inches and weighs around 10.14 pounds. Both home chefs and professionals can use this cooker for their daily work.
Aramco HBM101 Stove Top Pressure Cooker
- The stainless-steel is of superior quality.
- Its high-speed cooking feature makes everything convenient.
- This unit is compatible with every type of stovetop.
- It tends to distribute heat evenly.
- Its multipurpose nature allows you to cook a variety of food.
- The safety valve does a great job in releasing all the excess pressure.
- Some complaints about not receiving the instruction manual.
- Customer service could be a little more responsive.
The Aramco HBM101 Stove Top Pressure Cooker is a mixture of a rice cooker, food steamer, and slow cooker in one useful appliance. This efficient pressure cooker helps cook slow-cooked meals quickly, saving both energy and time. It has an encapsulated base that allows great heat distribution through the safety valve for releasing excess pressure. The body construction of this cooker consists of durable stainless-steel that supports high-speed cooking continuously without wearing out. You will be excited to hear that this pressure cooker is easily workable on all stovetops like induction, gas, electric, etc.
This stovetop pressure cooker bears a spacious 8-Quart capacity. It is ETL/UL listed, so you can expect it to be long-lasting and super durable. The included components in this product consist of a cooker, gasket, and valve. This premium cooker can cook food in just minutes without undercooking or overcooking it. It features a dimension of 13.54 x 10.55 x 10.3 inches and weighs around 9.13 pounds. Yes, you have to spend a little more on this cooker, but the quality and performance are worth it.
Mocking MHPOTSTE73 Heavy Duty Steamer Pot
- It can withstand heavy-duty usage without any issues.
- You can cook vegetables to perfection with this pot.
- The stay-cool handles help prevent hand burns during cooking.
- Its versatile nature makes it usable on any cooking surface.
- You will enjoy a hassle-free replacement for a lifetime.
- It spreads heat thoroughly for cooking food to perfection.
- Some users have complaints about a chemical smell during use at first.
- It is prone to rust after years of use.
The Mocking MHPOTSTE73 Heavy Duty Steamer Pot is a three Piece steaming set that are all of high-quality. Its 18/8 stainless-steel body construction allows heavy-duty usage. The steamer basket possesses an aluminum core present at the pot’s bottom. The base is also capped by a stainless-steel induction, which ensures an even and thorough distribution of heat.
This cooker comes with a 3-Quart capacity, where the steamer basket of 2-Quart easily fits in. The vented glass lid has a tight-fitting that does a great job keeping the steam and heat in. Your food will cook evenly and turn out just right.The cooker’s dimension measures 11.6 x 11 x 8.2 inches and weighs around 5.04 pounds.
Also, the pot’s rolled rims are thick and tough, making it resistant to spilling and dripping at all times. For most people, it is the best veggie steam pot because of its design. Its Bakelite stay-cool handles allow you to handle the pot during cooking for safety. You can use this cooker on any cooking surface, including electric stovetops, induction cooktop, gas burners, glass and ceramic, and portable stoves.
Staub Petite French Oven
- You can expect your rice or any food to stay moist at all times.
- It distributes and retains heat easily.
- The versatile nature allows it to go from oven to table.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The Staub handles offers an ergonomic grip.
- You can cook a variety of things in it.
- Some customers may find the price and size to be uneven.
- Quality control could use some improvements.
The Staub Petite French Oven comes with a dimension of 8.27 x 6.30 x 6.10 inches and weighs up to 7.5 pounds. This cooker is fit for extended cooking sessions and helps in keeping your food moist at all times. Its self-basting chistera spikes are responsible for keeping your food moist after cooking.
This cast-iron oven features excellent heat retention and distribution. It is extremely durable and does a great job when it comes to caramelizing and searing. It draws out a lot of flavors regardless of cooking rice, meats, or vegetables. There are handles on the side, allowing you to carry the pot from one place to another with ease.
It is created using enameled cast iron; this pot never needs seasoning and is super easy to clean. One highlight would be its somewhat non-stick surface that removes the trouble of hard cleaning. If you are on the lookout for a cooker that lasts for years, then this item just might be for you. However, this cooker has a capacity of only 1.5-Quarts, so it is best for smaller families or parties.
Summing It Up!
All ten of these stovetops rice cookers serve distinct purposes, but they have one thing in common: cooking rice perfectly. They come in varying price points but are all versatile and uniquely-tailored for food enthusiastic people. Like any other product, they have their drawback; however, the benefits are strong enough to help them reach the list. I advise you to analyze them for yourself and pick one that meets your budget and cooking needs.
- How to Clean My Rice CookerRice cooker lasts for a long period of time if you clean it to maintain it. Like all the other kitchen appliances, you have to clean the cooker after every use to prevent damage and common repairs.
- Best Stove Top Rice Cooker – Stove Top Rice Cookers Reviewed!Rice is the primary diet for billions of people across the globe, especially in Asian countries. Nowadays, you can find rice in just about every dish, such as fried rice, spicy jambalaya, mochi, crackers, cakes, and the list goes on. But at the same time, rice is also difficult to cook for a lot of people.