Your Guide to Purchasing The Best Microwave Under $500
Microwaves have grown to be an essential part of almost every household. It has made life so much easier, be it a quick midnight binge, cooking meals, or even exercising your culinary hobby. Whatever the occasion is, the microwave doesn’t disappoint. If you are looking to buy a one of the best microwaves under $500, it is only wise to learn about some crucial features it must include. Here are some parameters we deem essential.
If you have kids around in the house, you will know the importance of baby-proofing. Moreover, you would also want hassle-free cooking where you don’t need to be in fear constantly. And that is why it is crucial to buy a microwave that comes with a child lock feature. Safety is an important feature if you are looking to buy one of the best microwaves under $500.
While cooking, you would also want to multitask with other dishes instead of only focusing on the microwave cook. The auto cook function lets you choose the settings according to the dish you want to cook. This function as you would expect it, would be one of the main features of any of the best microwaves under $500.
Buy a microwave that suits your family size. For instance, if you are a family of six people, a 20-liter capacity might b best-suited. Similarly, a 15-20 liter is ideal for a family of four. Anything above 31 liters should b sufficient for a household with more than 6 people. Larger microwaves are more expensive but also have greater use in the home, which is why we included size- as a factor for deciding the best microwaves under $500.
Most microwaves come equipped with adjustable power settings. Their power generally ranges from 600 to 1,200 watts. The more powerful the microwave, the better. Which is why we made this list for best microwaves under $500. Basically, the higher the wattage, the faster will be the cooking time. You may need to scrutinize your pattern of food consumption before deciding on the power setting. An 800-watt microwave should be enough for basic use. On the other hand, if you have a big family, a higher power should suit an extensive use.
Other added features
Some other features you could look for are convection, defrost, and grill settings. These features may suit your needs; they may not necessarily serve others. You may want to primarily focus on the features to fit functionality and move on to other added features. You will find an abundance of features in the best microwaves under $500.
You’ll Also Like:
- Top Electric Knife Sharpeners – Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
- Top 10 Wine Coolers – Best wine Coolers
- Best Air Fryer – Affordable Air Fryer Reviews
- Best Electric Food Dehydrator – Food Dehydrators Reviewed 2021
- Best Pressure Cookers – Top Pressure Cookers Reviewed
Keeping various essential features in mind, here are some of the best microwaves under $500.
Our List of the Best Microwaves under $500
MICROWAVE OVEN NN-SN966S, PANASONIC
Top 3 in Best Microwaves under $500
- Easy installation and use
- Elegant design
- Incredible power range
- Built-in inverter and turbo defrost
- 2.2 cubic feet capacity
- Definitely one of the best microwaves under $500
- Bulky and large
- Cabinet doesn’t have a handle
This microwave from Panasonic comes with a 2.2 cubic feet space, making it ideal for large families. It houses 1,250 watts of power that will heat your food in no time, much better than its counterparts. The power levels range from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest. It could efficiently heat your food quickly, even at power level 5. A whopping 1,250 watts of power makes it one of the best microwaves under $500 easily!
Other worthwhile features include a stylish stainless steel finish to give that contemporary appeal. It has a whopping 14 auto-cook options to make your cooking style more versatile. The built-in inverter technology is worth every appreciation. It can significantly help with cooking, steaming, or defrosting as it provides consistent heating. Those 14-autocook options can only be found in the best microwaves under $500.
The display and controls are ay to understand and operate. The keep-warm feature helps keep food warm until ready to serve. This model is relatively large, so it may not be suitable for small homes.
JVM3160RFSS 30″ OVER THE RANGE MICROWAVE OVEN, GE
Top 3 in Best Microwaves Under $500
- Easy to operate
- 10-year warranty
- Hosts a range of contemporary features
- Value for money
- The fan can be noisy
- Installation requires at least two people
The over-the-range microwave oven from GE is perfect for families that are small or medium-size. The capacity of this oven is 1.6 cubic feet. It comes in an elegant stainless steel finish making it attractive and is quite durable too. At 1000 watts of power, it is efficient and quick with cooking food – and making easily another one of the best microwaves under $500.
If your home doesn’t have a proper ventilation system, this microwave will be handy. The 300 CFM ventilation system with a 2-sped fan makes cooking relatively odorless and less smoky. It also has a turntable system which can deliver even cooking. It allows the circulation of hot air inside the oven. You can always turn this function off if you intend to place a large container inside.
This microwave also gives you the option to choose between manual and pre-programmed settings depending on your cooking style. The buttons are simple and easy to read and operate.
ME18H704SFB 1.8 CU. FT. 1000W OVER-THE-RANGE MICROWAVE, SAMSUNG
Top 3 in Best Microwaves Under $500
- Large capacity for big families
- Filter ejects with one click making it easy to clean
- The body of the oven is scratch-resistant
- The ceramic interior makes it durable
- Child-lock safety feature
- 10-year warranty
- 1000 watts of power making it one of the best microwaves under $500.
- Lack of stainless steel materials in construction
- Magnetron parts, labor, and other parts come with an only 1-year warranty
You cannot go wrong with a Samsung; that’s a given. This particular oven is all black and stunning to compliment your décor. Besides the look, it can also take in large quantities of food at a time with 1.8 cubic feet capacity. Its capacity makes it ideal for large families. It is also quite powerful with a 1000-watt power. You can choose from 10 power levels of cooking – which is why we included this microwaves in our list of the best microwaves under $500.
Cook your heart away with this oven because its 400 CFM ventilation and 4-speed fan will ensure less smoke and odor. The cooking options are also programmable with one-touch buttons for cooking, defrosting, and reheating. It can also guarantee perfect cooking every time with its Patented Sensor Cook feature.
This Samsung microwave offers a turntable function that you can turn off or on. It allows even cooking with an all-round circulation of heat. You can keep it off if you want to place a large container inside. The child-lock technology makes it a safe appliance to run around kids. An extremely reliable product, and one of the best microwaves under $500.
2-CU FT OVER-THE-RANGE MICROWAVE WITH SENSOR COOKING, LG
Value for money – one of the Best Microwaves Under $500!
- Spacious capacity
- Incredible ventilation system
- Powerful unit
- Value for money – Making it one of the best-value microwaves under $500.
- The fan can be noisy
- The window is relatively small
This microwave comes with a spacious interior with 2 cubic feet capacity. While it is accommodating, it is also stylish and durable with stainless steel construction. It can also promise fast and efficient cooking with 1,000 watts of power. This microwave will unfailingly deliver even cooking with its turntable circulating heat around. You may turn this function off if you plan on placing a large cooking container inside.
Worry not about smoke or odor because the 400 CFM ventilating system will give you smoke-free and fuss-free cooking. The 3-sped fan will make sure the hot air exhausts properly. You can soften, melt, or even defrost with its pre-programmed settings. The light on the inside lets you have a thorough sneak peek at your food while cooking. You can even adjust the brightness of the light from low, high to entirely off.
1.5 CU. FT. OVER-THE-RANGE MICROWAVE AMV1150VAW, AMANA
- Easy installation
- User-friendly features
- Elegant design to enhance kitchen décor
- It gives a very clean and look appeal
- Spacious and can cook efficiently
- Easily one of the best microwaves under $500.
- Features are basic as with any other regular microwave
- The fan can be loud
One thing certain with this model from Amana is the durability and longevity. It is made of steel and other sturdy materials. The white color gives it an elegant and classic look and can match your décor elegantly. It is fitting for an average-sized family with 1.5 cubic feet capacity. You can also cook your food in an efficient time with 1,000 watts of power – making it one of the best microwaves under $500.
It is extremely easy to operate this model with its patented touch magic control system. You can monitor your food when cooking with adjustable interior lights from high to low. The best part is you can easily install this appliance with an easy-to-follow instruction manual. You also get two venting options, be it at the back or the top.
While those were our top recommendations, here are a few good-to-know facts on microwaves. It is pivotal that one I aware of these aspects if you wish to give your oven the longevity it needs.
Last Words of Advice for Purchasing the Best Microwaves Under $500
Save yourself from unnecessarily replacing your microwave with a new one with these maintenance tips.
- Always use only microwave-friendly containers for cooking or any other purpose. When you buy a new container, read the labels to see if they are microwave-safe. Never use metal containers, for they can spark and create a hazard, ultimately leading to damage to your oven.
- It is essential to clean your microwave at regular intervals. We know foods can splatter while cooking creating stains on the tray and the interior. You can prevent undesirable odor in your kitchen if you keep your microwave clean. It would be wise if you also gave importance to the exterior a much as the interior. Use a damp cloth to wipe the outer surface, including the handle, knobs, and control panel. It will help keep the fingerprints and grime at bay.
- While having a built-in ventilation system is convenient, you must also not forget about changing the filter regularly. The filters tend to collect all the dust and grease. They will develop too much dirt if you don’t change them regularly. The best time to change the filter is typically twice a year.
Any appliance or any product will have its fair share of accessories you’d want to be aware of. Take these pointers into mind with a microwave.
- First off, make sure that your containers and cookware are microwave safe. One must know that not all plastic containers are made for the microwave. They can emit harmful toxins, which can further leach into your food. It is only wise to be a little sensible and responsible for the safety of our health.
- If you want to avoid your food from splattering while cooking, there is always a splatter cover made especially for microwave cooking. This is quite a helpful accessory as it can save you from frequent clean-ups. They ensure minimal mess and avoid your food particles from baking the inside of your microwave.
- When you buy a microwave with a ventilating system, you can invest a few bucks more and buy those extra filters. Since you will need to change the filter every six months, there is no harm in keeping a few replacements in your kitty.
There are many reputed brands on the market, and one can never be assured of one brand in particular. Let these facts make it easier for you to choose your brand.
GE is a well-known brand with appliances, and it’s one of the most heard of names. They offer quite a variety of over-the-range and countertop ovens. Their products mostly range from $300 to $400.
Whirlpool has many products in various categories, but their microwaves earn top ratings. Whirlpool produce some of the best microwaves under $500. They are popular for their over-the-range and countertop ovens with multiple features. Most of their microwave models can be found in the $200-$500 range. Their ovens are mostly reliable and worthy of investment.
With kitchen appliances, Frigidaire is quite well-known. Their microwaves are no exception in terms of quality. They mostly come around at the $80-$300 range, whether it’s a countertop or an OTR.
The LG countertop and over-the-range microwaves come in a $150-$800 range. Their new brand of NeoChef microwaves com with smart inverter technology. This feature ensures the heating of food properly and makes defrosting faster. LG produce some of the best microwaves under $500.
Panasonic is a popular name with various products, and their microwaves cover countertop, built-in and over-the-range categories. Based on the features, their prices will typically range from $100 to as much as $1000.
As the name suggests, Kitchenaid offers a built-in countertop and OTR ovens, a very well-known brand with kitchen appliances. But many of their products are relatively costlier.
Toshiba is a trustworthy name with appliances and offers microwaves at reasonable prices. You will mostly find ones with basic features, but some of them also have convection features.
Sharp has maybe quite expensive microwaves, but these are also the best microwaves under $500. They make the sleekest and most stylish drawer-style microwaves, and their consumers always have good reviews.
You’ll Also Like: