Your espresso machine is the gateway to your day, it is the one kitchen appliance that coffee drinkers need to be themselves and for who others need them to be. When considering the best home espresso machines for your home. I sat and thought about my own criteria that I used to purchase larger espresso machines for the building, but I wanted to narrow down my criteria so that it be applicable to anyone’s home. Which is why this list includes affordable espresso machines and the best home espresso machines.
If you are looking for a new machine or even your first to give you a morning brew within a manageable pricing range – Stop. If you are looking for simplicity in your coffee brewer or espresso machine then expect to brew no more than 4 cups at a time. You want the best home espresso machine so that your family members and guests feel comfortable making their morning, mid-day or afternoon brew.
A reasonable price range for an entry-level affordable espresso machine is 80USD and for two reasons. You cannot seek out an affordable espresso machine expecting to pay bottom-dollar and have something reliable, unless you are a college student.
The first being that the price you pay for a piece of equipment determines the level of customer service you receive from the manufacturer. The second reason is that the less money you pay for something, the less you can expect to receive. No use in purchasing a coffee machine that is going to need to invoke a warranty within 90 days of purchase. You can consider this your essential list because it contains only the best affordable espresso machines.
You’ll Also Like:
- Best Affordable Juicer -The Best Juicers Reviewed
- Best Pressure Cookers Under $200
- Best Microwaves Under $200
- Best Cheap Table Top Fridges – Affordable Mini Fridges
- Best Affordable Dyson Vacuum – Cheap Dyson Vacuum
So here are some of the criteria I used when researching the best home espresso machines to get you started in the morning:
- Size of the pot – Most people are going to prefer a larger pot for their espresso coffee. Having a pot too small may defeat the purpose for some users. Your affordable espresso machine should have a large enough pot for multiple people.If the pot is too small, the price of an espresso machine may not be justified – why would anyone buy an expensive appliance when instant coffee is cheaper if the pot was too small?
- Power to the Pot – Most coffee drinkers tend to be impatient waiting for the espresso to brew. A higher wattage will mean that the espresso is brewed faster. You want your affordable espresso machine to brew hot, not cold. This is one of the most important indicators for choosing an affordable espresso machine is the power draw. This should be the secondary consideration behind pot size.
- Fewer removable components – The more components that can be removed, the more components that must be cleaned on a regular basis. Most espresso machines will require frequent cleaning which is why you should consider machines that have the least removable parts. Your affordable espresso machine should be able to be cleaed effortlessly. Keep in mind, pulling out pieces and putting them back in will only add to the wear and tear of the espresso machine. Over time, you may get chips and cracks in the coffee pot glass – this kind of damage is not covered by the warranty.
- Materials and Assembly quality – The best home espresso machines are made from fewer materials like fortified plastic, stainless steel, and aluminum as well as glass (and the electricals of course). Whilst you are on a budget, you still want your affordable espresso machine to be decent quality. The more affordable espresso machines have fewer metal materials and as a result, have higher product return rates. In some cases, warranty repair and replacement on these products can take up to 90 days, so you might as well invest in a quality espresso machine.
Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker
Professional Grade Coffee Brewed at Home – Top 3 Affordable Espresso Machines
- 4.5 stars based on 10,920 reviews.
- Includes a milk frother.
- Auto Power-saving measures (2-hour timer).
- Reasonably priced.
- Requires proprietary pods to work which can be a hassle to recycle.
- Too many components.
- The water container does not specify plastic or glass (is dishwasher safe, so assuming glass).
The K-Care Coffee Maker delivers a fantastic brew at the push of a button. It’s a simple espresso machine that packs a punch in terms of value, everyday use and not to mention it’s a reliable product. This machine is not just button-based it’s also programmable so that you can configure your own preferences to get the perfect espresso for your taste every time. This product is a very affordable espresso machine, considering how much you are paying.
The larger downside to this product is that it requires proprietary pods – that’s the unfortunate thing when you find a good deal on the coffee machine. Despite this, it’s a quality product and an ideal gift for anyone loved one, close friend or long-time colleague. It’s really one of the best home espresso machines.
If you want to learn more about the technical in’s and out’s of this product without any of the written polish, you can check out the technical manual. it will tell you everything you want to know about this product and even do a little extra and bore you with some of those details. Read the Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker Technical Manual Here.
Nespresso Essenza Mini Espresso Machine
Hot, Perfectly rich, and bitter espresso in seconds! Truly one of the best affordable espresso machines.
- 4.5 stars based on 3,447 reviews.
- Produced by a reputable manufacturer.
- Auto switches off within 9 minutes.
- Draws 1150 watts of power from the wall.
- Only contains 600mls of water.
- Requires proprietary pods for you to enjoy your espresso coffee.
- Different flavored pods can become expensive especially when coffee drinkers have different flavor preferences.
Nespresso has a strong reputation for its quality coffee pods. But what about their machines? Well, each machine is different and the Nespresso brand has price their brewing machines in consideration of the pricing of their coffee pods. It’s a reputable brand and reputable product – it’s really a great option if you are looking for an affordable espresso machine.
The Essenza Mini Espresso Machine whilst affordable packs an 1150 watt punch, giving you hot brews near-instantly and it has an aggressive automatic power-saving option that turns off after 9 minutes of non-use. This Nespresso machine is lightweight, so make sure you store it about waist level – it is incredibly easy to knock over because it is so light.
All in all, it’s a good option for a student or a busy professional who doesn’t want to spend too much on a pod- juicer. This affordable espresso machine would make the perfect gift for the passionate coffee lover.
You can read the Essenza Mini Espresso Machine technical manual here if you want to know the spics and specs about everything this machine is made for and from. You know this product is one of the best home espresso machines.
Mr. Coffee Simple Brew Coffee Maker
An Affordable Espresso Machine and easily the best home espresso machine!
- The coffee brewer is easy to clean and has a few detachable components.
- Ergonomic Handle of Coffee pot means fewer spills, hand burns, and easy pouring.
- Really affordable.
- More than 4000 reviews with 4.5 stars.
- Uncomplicated brewing settings
- Doesn’t need proprietary coffee pods
- Only makes four cups per brew (not for multiple adults during breakfast or lunch).
- Low wattage, only drawing 650 meaning over time as components deteriorate, it is going to take longer and longer to brew.
- Manufactured with heat-resistant plastic
The Mr. Coffee Espresso Machine produces all of the coffee you could ever need without the price tag. This inexpensive espresso machine will take you wherever you need to go on your caffeine machine. This brewer is more than a discount, it comes with a large carafe and handles 12 cups at a time. Use coffee grounds and pods to get the caffeine fixes that you need. The Mr.Coffee Espresso machine is one of the most affordable espresso machines on the market.
This affordable espresso machine will be the best-discounted item you might ever buy, it comes with over 4000 reviews. It’s got a matte plastic finish that is so easy to clean and take care of. If you are looking for a cheap gift or need coffee but on a budget, consider this your best choice. It’s a good choice considering the features and that it’s an affordable espresso machine.
The low power draw means that the electrical are not well rated so over time this may take a while to fill the glass carafe. It should work decently for at least a year though. At this price point – why complain? It’s simply the best home espresso machine.
Read about technical specs in the Mr. Coffee Simple Brew Coffee Maker Manual.
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
A Machine fit for a King or Queen! It’s an affordable espresso machine and it’s the best home espresso machine!
- This champion of a machine makes 12 cups per brew.
- Easy to clean stainless steel surfaces.
- Intuitive controls and decent tactile feedback on the buttons.
- Completely programmable for your own coffee preferences.
- 17,499 Reviews 4.5 Stars.
- Quality product weighing in at 10lbs!
- Less than $80USD!
- Can only brew one side at a time.
- The sturdiness of the coffee machine makes it difficult to clean underneath.
- Large dimensions 10.63 x 12.20 x 13.70 inches may make it impractical for a gift (people hate getting unexpected bulky gifts).
Your very own coffee Jarvis without the backchat! Get 12 cups of brew from the press of a button which could be programmed to your preference. It’s a large machine that doesn’t require much love in the space of cleaning due to the stainless steel and plastic surfaces. It’s one of the best home espresso machine and it’s an affordable espresso machine too!
This is a great solution if you are on a budget as this is one of the best affordable espresso machines on the market and comes with fantastic reviews and two different ways to enjoy your caffeine brew. The Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker is really in a league of its own 17,499 reviews, rated 4.5 stars.
All in all, it’s a great gadget and you are definitely getting the value for money with this purchase. It’s assembled with quality materials and you know this because it weighs 10 lbs! Want to know the specifics on this product? You can read more about the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker in the Technical Manual. Despite these amazing features, it’s clearly the choice and it’s an affordable espresso machine.
Sowtech Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar 4 Cup Espresso Maker
Practical and affordable Espresso Machine!
- Less than 80USD.
- 4.4 stars based on 9,273 reviews!
- Brews up to four cups.
- Weighs less than 5 lbs!
- Not the most attractive machine.
- Glass Carafe is easy to knock around on the machine.
I don’t have much to say about this machine because it has an oversimplified design and has a tine carafe in comparison to the rest of the product body. It’s obvious that I do not find the product to be appealing but most purchases on amazon have great things to say about this product. It’s lightweight and reliably brews the coffee at the push of the button – just like the old-fashioned machines right? Clearly the best affordable espresso machine on the market – it would be a fantastic addition to your home, making it the best home espresso machine.
Cuisinart DGB-550BKP1 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
Compact design is the perfect gift for a single professional!
- Programmable power save features.
- Under $100USD.
- Sleek and sexy dimensions (7.48 x 11.2 x 15.16 inches).
- 4.1 stars based on 6832 reviews!
- Brews 12 cups at a time.
- Easy to use with intuitive buttons. You will be able to start brewing within 10 minutes out of the box.
- three-year manufacturer warranty (repair or replacement)
- Timer settings can be a bit tricky when starting off with this coffee machine. You may find that brewing is intentionally interrupted when playing around with timer settings.
- Pay attention when putting the Carafe back in the slot, you don’t want to break the Glass Carafe.
This Cuisine Art DGB-550KP1 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee maker is well received by its purchasers with 4.1 stars based on nearly 7000 reviews. Its slim and sleek design looks incredible aesthetic and suitable for all kitchen designs, small, large island or minimalist – this coffee machine can brew 12 cups at a time which is more than enough for large families.
Cuisine Art has a lot of confidence in their product by offering its customers a solid three-year manufacturer warranty. It’s easy and intuitive design will have you brewing your favourite coffee blends within minutes – straight out of the box. It’s the perfect purchase if you are looking to replace your existing expresso machine or purchase your first one.
If you want to know about all of the benefits and risks of these products you can check out the Cuisinart DG-500BKP1 Grind & Brew Automatic Coffee Maker Technical Manual Here.
De’Longhi EC680M Espresso Stainless Steal Brewing Machine
Perfect for the Coffee Addict
- Quick heating with 1300 Watts.
- Extremely easy to clean and minimal detachable components.
- Sleek dimensions (12.99 x 5.9 x 12.99 inches) and weighs only 9Lbs!
- Simple settings making it easier to brew consistently high quality espresso and latte’s every time.
- 4.1 Stars based on almost 2000 reviews!
- Can only brew a few espresso shots at a time.
- The wand will need to be cleaned often, even without contact with dairy.
- Removing and attaching the filter will cause wear and tear over time.
- A machine like this would demand premium coffee blends which unless stored appropriately will go stale.
This 1300 watt brewer heats water up and filters your coffee bean-like a charm. It’s an incredible Espresso machine that can make latte and cappuccino. It’s got overwhelmingly positive ratings of 4.1 stars based on almost 200 reviews. There is no doubt that the De’Longhi EC680M Espresso is an incredible product.
It’s a lightweight at just under 9lbs and has few detachable components, on top of being mostly stainless steel this product is just so easy to clean, move around or even put away if you live that minimalist lifestyle. Learn everything you need to know about the best home espresso machine, De’Longhi EC680M Espresso Stainless Steal Brewing Machine Technical Manual Here.
De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Professional-Grade Espresso Machine is perfect for the Home Cook!
- Value-driven machine with incredible features only $530USD.
- Impeccable manufacturing quality, mostly stainless steel and easy to clean surfaces.
- Power-saving features – turns off automatically after three hours.
- 4.3 stars based on 2,319 reviews.
- Holds 1.8 Litres of water and completely heated within 2 minutes.
- Brew two coffees at a time.
- Rotary buttons may fall off after heavy use.
- Weighs 23 Lbs!
- Quite large in size (11 x 15.3 x 14.4 inches).
- May be pricey for the average coffee drinker.
This machine whilst expensive creates a lot of value at its price point by giving the owner coffee within a minute, reducing time spent cleaning, reducing time refilling. You will not have to replace this machine for a number of years. This is what you would call a lifetime purchase of an espresso machine. It’s got a 4.3-star rating based on 2,319 reviews.
This professional grade De’Longhi espresso machine will set you back a few hundred bucks but at least you wont ever have to replace it. The manufacturing quality on this product is ridiculous – it weights 23 pounds and it made from stainless steel – truly an amazing brewer. Read the De’Longhi ESAM3300 Super Automatic Espresso Machine Technical Manual here.
De’Longhi 15 bar Pump Espresso Maker
A Beautiful Espresso Machine!
- 4.2 Stars based on 3,099 reviews.
- Use ground coffee beans or any proprietary coffee pod.
- Made from stainless steel, using a thermal heating block.
- Brew multiple coffees at once or make a steller capacino.
- Weighs 5kg.
- Rather boxy and hard to clean underneath the espresso machine.
- it’s a great machine but will take practice before dishing up a great cappuccino to guests.
- Rather boxy (11.02 x 9.06 x 11.61 inches)
This boxy behemoth of a coffee machine will wow your guests whilst giving them a refined, rich taste which will magnify the taste of any coffee blend you throw into the machine. When you have a professional-grade machine like the 15 Bar Pump Espresso machine you can expect to have consistently hot and refreshing coffee every time. With a machine like this, you are going to be hosting holiday celebrations from here on, think about it – it’s one of the best home espresso machines on the market, and considering all of the features it’s also an affordable espresso machine at the price-point.
It’s well assembled with stainless steel and it’s incredibly easy to clean. It’s got a fantastic rating of 4.2 stars based on more than 3000 reviews. You can use any proprietary coffee pod or beans and has a dedicated heating block. You can even brew two bean juicers at once. You can read more about this amazing brewer in the manual, read the De’Longhi 15 Bar Pump Espresso Maker Technical Manual Here.
Gevi 15 Bar Espresso Machine
Entry Level Espresso and Coffee Machine!
- 4.3 stars based on 1,013 reviews.
- This espresso machine heats up within a minute, giving you a reliable source of coffee bean juice.
- Just over $100USD right now, making it the perfect gift for Christmas.
- Draws 1350 Watts – Which is awesome for brewing a coffee or multiple lattes at a time.
- Stores just over a liter in the water giving you about 6 coffees before needing a refill.
- A very affordable espresso machine.
- Weighs 3.27 kilogram which is rather light for a coffee machine this size. This may be indicative of the material quality used to create the product.
- The limited features and simplicity are not always a bonus.
This product is of extreme value with a fantastic power draw of 1350 watts and a carafe holding up to 6 cups of brew at a price just above $100USD, this is an affordable espresso machine that holds more than a liter of water.
This espresso machine is on the lighter end of the products which means that the build quality might not be that great but it does have pieces of stainless steel attached to it which means that it is easier to clean than some machines within the same price bracket. The Gevi 15 Bar Espresso Machine is the perfect gift for a bachelor on a budget – it will get the job done at breakfast. You can read more about this affordable espresso machine by flicking through the Gevi 15 Bar Espresso Machine Technical Manual.